Two-factor authentication (AKA 2FA) is an additional security layer used when signing into your account. Most online accounts require a user name and password. By enabling 2FA, your account will be protected by a first factor (your user name and password) and a second factor, your 2FA code.
CoinDeck uses Google Authenticator (which provides the highest security 2FA configuration) to automatically generate 2FA codes. Once you download the Google Authenticator app, it does not require an internet connection to function. Nor is it associated with your phone number or any other personal information.
We recommend enabling two-factor authentication on your CoinDeck account. To do so, please follow the below steps:
- Login to your CoinDeck account
- Select ‘Settings’ from the footer menu
- Select ‘Security’ then choose ‘Enable 2FA’
- Record or download the 2FA backup key provided. Be sure to save it in a safe, offline location. You will need it to access your account in the event you lose your mobile phone.
- Install the Google Authenticator app on your mobile phone.
- Using the Google Authenticator app, scan the QR code on the right of your CoinDeck screen. (Click the + button, then the camera button to capture the code.)
- The app will generate a 6-digit code. Enter it into the required field in your CoinDeck account.
- Click ‘Save’.